I have an open ended promissory note from Irma Cristiani who…

Customer Question
I have an open...

I have an open ended promissory note from Irma Cristiani who died 5/21. All her assets passed to her son via a trust and a will. My note was unsecured. Can I still

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

She was in Destin Florida. She was residing in Caliornia when she signed the note ans she had been paying me monthly through May 2015

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know. I hired an attny in Palm Beach who I had used before and who had done a great job. He has not returned my calls in about 7 weeks. His paralegal said he had done "something" but didn't know what.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Her son is "ethically challenged" and will not pay.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/3/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Loren, Attorney

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

What is your question, my friend?