Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I received some one else prescription in error. I am in

Customer Question
I received some one...

I received some one else prescription in error.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet. I just got off the phone with the Pharmacy.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/3/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Loren, Attorney
Hello. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you. Thank you for your patience as I review your question. In a moment I will either ask you for more information or post an answer to your question.
What is your legal question, my friend?
I received a prescription that belonged to some one else. Is there any legal action that can be taken for this?
Were you injured? Do you have damages? Medical or hospital bills from taking the wrong medication?
No none of that.
Thank you for the additional information.
Phamacists are liable for their negligence, just as any other healthcare professional.
However, also like other professional negligence claims, there is a requirement of actual damages required to support the claim. In fact, damages are a required element of the claim.
So, without that element, no viable claim exists to assert in court.
I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not want to see you spinning your wheels with this.Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Attorney