How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going through a divorce. I am on federal disability and

Customer Question

JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am going through a divorce. I am on federal disability and long term disability through my company insurance. Can my ex make a claim to get a portion of it? I'm in Utah
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: As far as divorce document s?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing has been filed yet
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have Parkinson's disease
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cancel this please
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did not understand the cost
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.
If you wish to continue you paid $5 to ask the question. When an expert responds an additional fee is due. At that point you do not need to pay anything more and you can correspond with a licensed attorney. It is a lot cheaper than paying the hourly rate an attorney would charge in their office.