Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I was working at Kurz & Co for five years. In that five

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** i was working at Kurz & Co for five years. In that five years I got in to five car accident, now have been a lot of money and there wasn't a ploice reorpt.I never was wrpote up o told what would happen to be if this happen again. The last wreck was Feb 14 2017 the owner of the company came down to fire me. Is this right that he can fire me for this, we don't have a company policy about this an no employee has ever sign one as a have not. Thanks Jay Horton
JA: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: no just the owner that makes all secision
JA: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?
Customer: I was a full time, I was the route manager
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, how long before I here back
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Question:

Is this right that he can fire me for this, we don't have a company policy about this an no employee has ever sign one as a have not. Thanks Jay Horton

Response: Unfortunately, yes the termination is legal. As an employee at will, your employer can fire you for any reason or for no reason at all so long as the reason for the termination is not based on any one of the prohibited grounds such as your race, gender, age (40 and over), national original or the like. Since this incident is not one of these prohibited grounds, your termination is proper eventhough your employer never gave you any warning or had policy regarding car accidents.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
IM 55 years old and the owner does make joke about my over wait.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
opps weight

Thank you for the information. My response still stands since the employer fired you because of your frequent accidents.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks

You are quite Welcome!

I am sorry once more being the bearer of bad news here.

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive proper credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.