Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am addressing an issue about non-reimbursement for a

I am addressing an...

I am addressing an issue about non-reimbursement for a recalled cellular device. Due to the recall of the Samsung GALAXY NOTE7.
I made a return to T-mobile with an original purchase copy of the receipt in November 2016. After 7 months, It was said by customer service that there is no record of the original purchase receipt and they can't issue the refund check(The amount is about $1000),Although they now have possession of my device.
I am not responsible for the loss of a receipt and I would like to figure out the best way to proceed with refunding. Please give me some advices. Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Note: I live in California. I pod full amount in cash. And I have returning copy of Reciept but no original purchase receipt.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm sorry I meant Paid* instead of pod

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's all.thank you very much for your help.

8/3/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your help.
Also I have a voicemail from T-Mobile cusomer service says they cannot issue the refund check.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to contact a Supervisor and make a demand for the full refund. If your request continues to be ignored, you should file complaint with California Attorney General's Office, and Federal Communications Commission. You may also file a Small Claim against the company at the Superior Court in your County.

Goodluck with your case,

I've talked with super visor many time already. But they keep saying we need a purchase receipt.

I am sorry to read about that.

Then you need to file complaint with your Attorney General's Office and the FCC. You may also file lawsuit (Small Claim) against the company. It is unfair and deceptive act and practice for the company to receive the recalled device from you, but then refused to issue a refund to you.

Thank you very much. I'm gonna follow your saying. Again thank you very much.

You are quite Welcome!

A 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive proper credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Can I ask you one more thing?

Yes, of course

Thank you. If I decided to sue them or file complaint them and write demand letter, do I write it to blanch of t-mobile where I returned or T-Mobile central office? Or supervisor of the t mobile blanch or the worker who woked my returning?

Response: The central office. You are now dealing with the corporation, T-Mobile, which has set up this illegal policy that the branch offices have to enforce.

Goodluck with your case,

Thank you.

You are quite Welcome!

All the best,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law