How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Bradley Your Own Question
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1068
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Michael Bradley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My family is from Somersworth NH and last Nov my 17 yr old

Customer Question

Hello, my family is from Somersworth NH and last Nov my 17 yr old daughter now 18 was having problems in school. We went on an interview for a place called Job corp in Manchester NH and she was accepted in. I thought this was a great place but it turned out to be my families worst nightmare. Last Friday she was arrested at Job corp for distribution of a large amount of LSD. They had her on $2000.00 cash bail over the weekend and on Monday was video arraigned at Manchester District court. She has no prior offenses and had no clue how any of these proceedings work. When given the chance to advocate for herself she stumbled words and was obviously nervous. I assumed that she would get PR till next court date but instead she got $250,000 suraty. That's $4,000 cash. I can't get any information from Job Corps or the court house. Infact I haven't even spoke to her since her arrest. I finally was able to put money on her Jail account but still haven't heard word yet. Now I know she can't possibly be alone in all this because that LSD had to belong to someone. I want to start emailing criminal attorneys explaining our situation and if they would be willing to take $100.00 out of my account once a month till paid up no matter how long it takes, just to have someone walk in to her next court date which is her probable cause hearing. I have no clue how to find out when that is. Anyway's I'm working now so I will respond the second I get a chance. My phone # is *** *** **** and email is *******

JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Customer: NH

JA: Has anything been filed or reported?

Customer: Don't know

JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Customer: My name is ****** ****** and My daughters name is ***** ******

Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.
Unfortunately now your daughter is a part of the criminal system and as she has been charged with distribution of a CDS or a controlled dangerous substance. You can certainly start contacting criminal attorneys in the area to see if they would be willing to accept your offer of a monthly payment until their fee is covered. Not all attorneys may be willing to accept that but some I assume would. If you cannot afford to pay for a private attorney then she will be represented by the public defender's office. She certainly would not have to go alone in this unless somehow she has an ability to pay. From what you were telling me she probably does not. At some point she will be processed all the way through and then put into general population. At that point she should be able to contact you now that you will put money on her books. When you do talk to her do not talk about the case since the conversations will be recorded and could be used against her. At some point the public defender's office will file a motion to reduce the bail. That would be up to the court to decide. I am guessing the reason why bill was set so high was that it was a large amount that was being allegedly distributed. It could be realistic that she does not get a bill that would be affordable. At this point I would concentrate more on interviewing attorneys to find one that you are comfortable with. They are probably going to want some sort of money up front and then they may allow you the possibility to pay it off monthly.
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.
Not get a bail that is affordable