I received a letter today from police department saying that…

Customer Question
I received a letter...

I received a letter today from police department saying that one of my rental properties might be being used for indoor cultivation of marijuana in a manner inconsistent with the requirements of Sacramento City Code section 8.132.030(B). The property is in CA. Marijunana is legal here but not legal to grow I think. I was not aware of the issue at all and I was given 7 days to fix the problem. I tried to contact the tenants without any success. It looks like the tenant subleased the house to someone else without telling me. I asked a process server to post a 24 hours request to entry form to the property and I will inspect the property on Friday. Here are my few questions: 1) What shall I do if I found marijuana in the property, how shall I dispose them? 2) Will the marijuana illegal grower tend to boobtrap the house which might make dangerous for me to enter? Can I ask a police to go with me?

Lawyer's Assistant: We have our lovely Black Belt Customer Support team available to help you 24/7.
Email***@******.***
In the US or Canada 1-***-***-**** Available 6am to 9pm PST
In the UK 0-***-***-****
In Australia 1800-679-634
In New Zealand 0800-452-621
From anywhere else 1-***-***-****
What property use does the easement allow?

If we find Marijuana there, can we evict tenants there immediately?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is single family house for people to live there

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/3/2017
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 11 months ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do or say in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights / legaloptions that might potentially apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer,if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Can I legally dispose marijuana if I find it in the house? Can I evict the tenant immediately if it has marijuana in the house?
Can I request police to be there for safety issue
Hey, are you there?