Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

What are reasonable hours for a landlord to show the house

Customer Question

what are reasonable hours for a landlord to show the house after notice has been provided in the state of California? my landlord has provided me notice that he will be showing the house everyday for the next 30 days. i think that it is partially harassment since he was not happy that I gave notice to vacate
JA: Is the harassment ongoing? Is there an immediate danger of physical harm?
Customer: no, but his actions are excessive
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

I agree with you this is harassment and ridiculous.He is supposed to give you 24 hour notice of showings.To do this everyday is ridiculous and unfair.You may decide to be unavailable here or otherwise protect this matter.You gave notice and he unlikely can keep this up for 30 days.You may want to disagree in writing and ask for 24 hours mandatory notice before any showing.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Sorry you are having to deal with this.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is 7pm everyday a reasonable time? do i need to vacate every time he shows the house?
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

I think three days in a week is reasonable.You should not have to deal with this everyday.Every other day if he gives you 24 hour notice.Thats reasonable.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for rating 5 stars.