Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I just wanted to know how to go about a situation and

Customer Question

Hi, I just wanted to know how to go about a situation and thought I can ask a lawyer for help. My ex boyfriend has been repeatedly harassing me and threatening to hurt me. He approached me recently and had shouted verbal threats, and had spit on me as well. I do have messages that show him harrasing me and threatening me. I just want that to end so how should I go about this situation.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Brooklyn, New York.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. Should I report him for the messages?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.On review of your facts, you have a good case.Most practical is a police report and restraining order.A lawyer locally can also send a letter. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up