How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just wanted to know how to go about a situation and

Customer Question

Hi, I just wanted to know how to go about a situation and thought I can ask a lawyer for help. My ex boyfriend has been repeatedly harassing me and threatening to hurt me. He approached me recently and had shouted verbal threats, and had spit on me as well. I do have messages that show him harrasing me and threatening me. I just want that to end so how should I go about this situation.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Brooklyn, New York.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet. Should I report him for the messages?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.On review of your facts, you have a good case.Most practical is a police report and restraining order.A lawyer locally can also send a letter. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up