Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My wife and I was banned from a church we helped start about

Customer Question

My wife and I was banned from a church we helped start about 20 years ago. We were absent from attending because of health reason ( myself) the main church sent a young evangelist to our church the pastor didn't like him and was trying to send him back to our main church in South Korea.the only thing we did was to sign a petition to keep him here the pastor and two elders posted the ban on the church Burlington board about the ban e
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: we were never notified we are 82 and 85 years old we spent about 35 to 40 k dollars on the church building we are in duluth georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can we sue them for defination we have lived here since March 1965 it is embaresin for us since a lot of people know us and they know about the ban
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. You mention defamation...can you tell me, why do you believe they have defamed you? Have the spread false information about you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i missd yor responce in my original question igave whete live duluth ga .just please dont charge me any more thanks
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 month ago.

sorry...I do not understand what you mean by

i missd yor responce in my original question igave whete live duluth ga

what does that mean?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please do not charge me any more i want to cancel every thing with you. i cant pay any more since I am on a fixed income.