I loaned my son inlaw 300,000.00 and made a verbal agreement…

Customer Question
I loaned my son...

I loaned my son inlaw 300,000.00 and made a verbal agreement with him to pay me interest only. in front of witneses which he agreed to do. 3 weeks ago he told me he wasn't going to pay me anymore in front of other people. He has told many people of our arangement including a Rabbi. Do I have any recouse ? ( my spell check isn't working)

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Florida this was a personal loan of 300,000.00 @7.5% interest only

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No the loan was given in 2008 and didn't get the first $2500.00 payment until 12/12 and filed nothing because of love and trust as it was my daughter

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Real sad. I'm 73 and gave them all my retirement money..And by the way the have turned my 300,000. into millions

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/2/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 11 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You have proof of debt and can proceed. You have witnesses and that is good evidence. If you can get him to confirm the arrangement even by e-mail or text that would make it even stronger! Good luck. Kindly let me know if that is acceptable.

We do not communicate anymore Do I have a law suite

Yes, you have a good case. You have evidence and can file a complaint to collect. Your witnesses are helpful and can provide affidavits. Under oath under penalty of perjury, many defendants also admit, and such cases will often settle.

Good luck!!

Kindly rate me 5 stars