How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Van Your Own Question
Van, Retired Judge
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 75
Experience:  Criminal Court Judge
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Van is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] Hellow -- I made a mistake of judgment in

Customer Question

Second opinion] Hellow -- I made a mistake of judgment in paying a dating service &995JA: What are the charges? What's the current status of the case?Customer: I have asked for a refund of $300 and close the account -- No response from them ---- what can you do to help meJA: What state are you in?Customer: FLORIDAJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: I have had phone discussions and E-Mail discussions -- the last one requested the $300 be deposited in my Pay Pal account - as of today no response of any kind
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Van replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am Van and I can assist you with this issue. For one, I would contact paypal and dispute the charge, assuming that you did not utilize the services, were only a member for a very short period of time and the company did not perform the services that they promised. How long were you a member and did you utilize their services? If so, you may be at least partially out of luck depending upon what the company's contract stated. Because you essentially accepted their conditions when you paid, they will argue that they performed their part of the contract most likely. However, you should at a minimum, note to this company that should they continue to act in bad faith, you will write accurate reviews on YELP, and other customer service feedback websites regarding your experience(s) with this company.