Is a signed copy of a last Will and Testament legal in

Customer Question
Is a signed copy...

Is a signed copy of a last Will and Testament legal in Wisconsin?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes a Will has been written and filed by an Attorney

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This w Will was drawn up many years ago ,lawyer retired ,not sure if original was transferd

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/2/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, eligible to practice in front of state and federal court, who is ready to help. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Generally, a copy is going to be valid So long as it needs all of the necessary requirements of a proper will in Wisconsin. Usually, this just only means that it needs to be witnessed by two people that do not have any interest in the property and signed by the testator. the only time that there may be a problem is if the will is sent through probate court. The court may require that the original will be produced because a copy of the will could be easily forged. If you are not going to the probate process, then you can use that will even though it is a copy

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?