Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I had been extorted by Airbnb Company,discriminated against

Customer Question

I had been extorted by Airbnb Company,discriminated against and left without not even a hope fpr a refund or a complaint. I must proceed with a Law suit-but legals could cost fortunes which i do not have,,,what will it be your advise? Thank You!
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: The company itself it is based in CA-we are in New York . The purchase took place on June,2017
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Well I had attempted several times to complain with the companies custumer service and supervisors however it got worse as they either refused to listen to SERIOUS complains or simply hung up on me repeatedly
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am very upset because I had been arbitrary used and abused and it seems like there it is nothing else i can do except starting some type of legal action against the company!
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, eligible to practice in front of state and federal court, who is ready to help. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I know that other people that have come to this website have had issues with that particular company. Usually, they may have problems if they are a property owner or even if they are a guest. In my opinion, based on what I see from customers that come to this side, Airbnb probably has a lot of growing to do in the area of customer service.

Sometimes, attorneys run into the same trouble so we often just try to not work with the customer service department because they are not going to be helpful. When I would recommend that you do as a couple of things. First, I would recommend looking to see if they have a legal department that you can find online. Sometimes, a company of this size may have their own in-house legal department that you can communicate with. More often than not, their legal department is going to look to settle these kinds of disputes instead of trying to litigate them or ignoring you. In addition, you may want to try to find out if Airbnb has retained any attorneys or law firms to fight any lawsuits. Because lawsuits are made public, you may be able to find something online. With every pleading that an attorney submits, They must submit the name and address of the law firm that they are working for. You may be able to work with that law from directly since they are going to be representing Airbnb

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I need to travel to CA for the legal action? Does it have to take place on their grounds?

Generally, you may not need to travel to California for the legal action. There is a high probability that Airbnb has a provision in its contract with you that says that you have to mediate the disagreement. Usually, and mediation the parties are in the same room, but for an international company like Airbnb, it may not be possible for you to fly all the way from California to New York. In addition, California courts have held in the past that agreements that require one of the parties to travel at great expense make that portion of the mediation agreement unenforceable. Therefore, there is a good chance that you would be able to settle this informally and electronically meeting you do not have to leave. Did you have any other questions for me?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are You willing to take the case and if so what does it cost to take the case? Do You or anyone You know as a legal representation could take the case and be payed after the case it is won?

That's a very good question. Can you give me a little bit of background of what happened?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will in a while-because i have to compile a series of papers and documentation. From what I see-it could be a case for litigation as You call it. It is a bloody loss as a result of Airbnb lack or refusal to listen,understand and ultimately side with the righteous One! I am sorry I cannot go on call conversation because my pocket it is tight at this time and i must save all i have left for my two little ones...however herein i am fine with the typed communication for it is also useful for future reference.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will get back to this site/You late this afternoon if that it is fine with You,as well! Thank You !

Ok no problem.

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know. Thank you.