Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How can you file an ethical complaint against a lawyer, New…

Customer Question
How can you file...

How can you file an ethical complaint against a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: What province are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New York State

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well, I was part of a collective bargaining union. Both management and the Union inappropriately entered into an agreement that required substance abuse counselors to acquire a certification to continue their employment without negotiating the terms or making the counselors aware of this agreement until after the fact. The union organizer was reprimanded for his role in entering into such an agreement. The case was presented in a 3rd Step Grievance. The attorney who is also the vice president of Human Resources presented the case for management. The same attorney was a key witness for management at the Arbitration hearing. At that hearing, the attorney presented fraudulent written evidence and perjury himself to affect the hearing in favor of managements.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?

Union

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
8/2/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 6 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. If you feel there was misconduct, you can file a complaint with the committee and have the attorneys actions look into. Here is the link below.

http://www.nycbar.org/for-the-public/about-lawyers-and-judges/complaints-about-lawyers-and-judges-how

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney