I am the mother of Clinton Brewer #160365 at West Kentucky…

Customer Question
My name is***** and...

My name is***** and I am the mother of Clinton Brewer #160365 at West Kentucky Correctional. My husband is a Vietnam Veteran & has put his life on the line for this country. Our son has broken his arm and he was taken to the Orthopedic Institution Group in Paducah, Ky on Thursday of last week. The only treatment that my son has received is a sling, ice pack & ibpropin for pain in which that doesn’t help the pain it’s more so for inflammation. His arm was not set nor put in a cast they just gave him a sling and for some reason the Orthopedic Institution Group in Paducah does not show any records that he was there. My concern is that my son has not received the proper care that he needs for his arm. The faculity is saying that the doctor at Western recommend that it heals on it’s own. “This is not right”, anytime you have a break they set the break & put it in a cast so it can heal properly. My son’s health & well-being is important, not only my son but any Mother’s child. I am not ungrateful but I will like to know that my child is okay and is getting the best care that he can. He is a human being and he is loved and my child is hurt and I need HELP in making sure he is getting the proper care that he needs. I hope that this email reach someone who cares about the inmates well-beings & not just look at them as a piece of trash.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have called the faculty and they claim that they cannot disclose any information on him and the Prison Health Services in Frankfort has given me some information that they have received from Western on him. And it was that the doctor recommend that it heal on it's on.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The disc with his x-rays was given to the guards that transported him. And I can not get it, that why we went to the Orthopedic Inst. but they didn't show he was ever there. The Dr. that saw him was Dr. Kern

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/2/2017
Lawyer: Van, Retired Judge replied 11 months ago
Van
Van, Retired Judge

Welcome to Just Answer Mrs. Brewer. My name is ***** ***** I think I can help you with this matter. In order to help you I need a little more information. What type of facility is your son in, maximum security? If you don't know the type of jail he is in, please tell me what type of crime was he convicted of.

He is in a medium security institution!

Based on the limited information that you have provided, and considering I don't know the events that led to your son getting a bro***** *****mb, here is what I think. Your son is in a medium security prison so they are not very likely to place a cast on his arm since the cast could be used as a dangerous weapon in a prison facility. I know it may seem like cruel and unusual punishment not to provide your son with a cast but it may be against prison policy to do so. Since his injuries don't require constant care he will not be placed in the hospital wing where he can possibly wear a cast. If your son is complaining to you about pain and not receiving any care, I suggest you contact the staff at the prison and ask to speak with his case worker or the warden. I hope this response addresses you question. Please let me know if you need additional help.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something that I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Hi, I'm just following up to see if you were satisfied with my response. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. If you were satisfied with my response, please rate my service. Have a great day.