Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

I have a bakery business in Tyngsboro Massachusetts and the

Customer Question

I have a bakery business in Tyngsboro Massachusetts and the road in front of my business has been closed due to Suur construction the town has place to sign a week after the business started letting people know that the business was open during construction however the access and road closure signs were not very effective my numbers are way down is there anything I can do about it I have already contacted my insurance company and my loss of use coverage does not go near this what should I do
JA: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?
Customer: I've complained to the town about the disruption a week after the construction started they have a sign made that said businesses open during construction however it was too difficult for customers to get to me my walking business is severely declined it was three weeks in May and 2 1/2 weeks in July and no I haven't spoken to another lawyer or anyone
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I've complained to the town about the disruption a week after the construction started they have a sign made that said businesses open during construction however it was too difficult for customers to get to me my walking business is severely declined it was three weeks in May and 2 1/2 weeks in July and no I haven't spoken to another lawyer or anyone
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Usually, in these cases there aren't a lot of recourses that you could take against the city unless they've done something wrong. For example, if one of the construction workers had damaged part of your property in the course of their job come within you may be able to file a lawsuit for negligence. On the other hand, a road closure is or nearly going to be approved by the government and the fact that it hurts businesses is sadly ordinary occurrence where there is no recourse unless some wrongdoing can be found.

In the event that there is no wrongdoing, there may be some other actions that you could take to help you and the other business owners out.

Some of the things that you could try to do is try to form some alliances with the other business owners to find out if there's a way that your business in their business could benefit from a combined marketing effort. One of the things that you could also do is for him to build a group website to communicate your presence that you are open for business despite the construction. The local shopping center where I live sends out a flyer once a quarter two people to remind them that they're open for business no matter what.

One other thing you could do is ask if your state or city has some sort of program that can help you out. For example, one of the things that they could do is give you a very on zoning so that way you could post Flyers where you normally couldn't post them or post signs where it typically is not allowed. They may not have given you any indication of these things ahead of time, but if you can work with them, then you may be able to help increase business to your area.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know. Thank you.