Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I'm a disabled American who has a small dog who has her card

Customer Question

I'm a disabled American who has a small dog who has her card to be with me . I was going to commiuty center and the manger there was yelling and screaming at the people who have dogs . she told me to lock my dog in the car and when I said no she locked her in the store room this person has made me so upset set y doctor has incrested my meds I ant go to group and think she is going to attack me again she has done this for over 6 mos and I talked to her boss and nothing has been ixed no even a sorry
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: califorina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes I talked to my case manger she called but no response they pushed under the rug
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: one of my friends asked about it they made it was in my head but that's not true this lady hates dogs and has made it very clear with her words and actions
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, this is a violation of the CA law on service dogs and the Americans with Disabilities Act. You can start by filing a complaint by contacting the Human Rights Commission at(###) ###-####or the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing at(###) ###-####
You can also sue the center and the individual for violation of your rights under the ADA and CA Service dog act and seek damages for the emotional distress and denial of accessibility that she has created.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.