Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I purchased a vehicle 06/17/17 had resign the contract

Customer Question

I purchased a vehicle 06/17/17 had resign the contract 06/30/17. The dealership notifies me 07/26/17 that they have went out of business and I have return the car but my contract states that they have 10 days to notify me which they did not. What can I do to keep the car
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Florida 3yrs old
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about this.

Could you explain a little more?

Why is the dealership asking you to return the car?

Did the dealership finance the car or did you obtain financing from another source such as the bank?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The dealership has went out of business the bank never processed the loan. My contract states the seller 10 days to notify me if they can not assign a bank to finance the car the contract was sign on 06/30/17. I was contacted on 07/26/17
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No thank you. I will not pay 59.00 dollars to talk to you.

That was an automatic offer by the site. I did not make the offer and more importantly, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Your Questions:

What can I do to keep the car

Response: You need to reach an agreement with the seller on payment terms. You cannot keep the car if the seller does not agree to your offer. You cannot keep the car without paying for it. Otherwise, the seller can report you to the Police.

Best wishes,