Need to file a small claims for personal items damaged

Customer Question
Need to file a...

Need to file a small claims for personal items damaged caused by a vehicle going through our brick wall into the living room under the staircase and pantry. The problem is I don't have an address for the guy.

Lawyer's Assistant: What damages are sought in the case?

My daughters car-seat, samsung touch screen tv, popcorn machine, clothes, a book shelf and a book

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes the police department came and gave him a citation for ... sorry im looking

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just would know how to serve him if I dont have an address. Maybe only a work address if he is still there.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/2/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

If there was a police report filed, then it will have the person's address on the report. Part of the police completing the accident report is them getting all info from the parties, including their name, drivers license, insurance, address, etc. So you can get their contact info, you must may have to go down to the police station to get a full copy of the report.

.

Then you can have the person served at their home or at work with the summons to go to court.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much