Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I had my leased vehicle serviced and repaired at a

Customer Question
I had my leased...

I had my leased vehicle serviced and repaired at a dealership where the service manager misrepresented repairs on my service receipts and intentionally misdiagnosed my problem to prevent me from using my warranty and he admittedly kept (stole) major parts out of my car and tampered with other systems which prevents me from getting an accurate diagnosis elsewhere. Now I am stuck paying lease payments on a car that doesn't run and I need to know what my options are. I want out of my lease but the dealership is independent and separate from my lease company. What cab I ask for if I sue the service manager or dealership

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed a BBB complaint and he admitted to keeping my parts in his response but of course they can't really do anythin. I also filed a complaint with attorney general and received a letter stating that it was being forwarded to investigativew unit but they could not confirm or deny if it was being investigated

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Dont think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/2/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Michael Bradley
In addition to the two things that you have already done, I can think of two other things you can do. The first thing would be to contact the police and have a report made. Since he is admitted to stealing Parts out of your vehicle that would be theft. In addition, if he has sabotage the vehicle the police could act on that as well too. The other option would be to file suit against the car dealership and him individually. I agree that the finance company is not going to do much for you with regards ***** ***** on the lease at this point. However, once they find out that a police report has been made and a criminal investigation is ongoing they may be able to work with you on the payment
The Attorney General's office will absolutely investigate your claim if you put it through their fraud unit.
but that won't help me any, will it?

It absolutely will help you. If the Atty. Gen. decides to investigate than the dealership can be held criminally liable for fraud. That can certainly help make you whole.

below is their web site that you can review and also file a complaint

http://ag.nv.gov/About/Consumer_Protection/Bureau_of_Consumer_Protection/

Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Lawyer