Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a situation with tires and repair shops, a 2015 jeep

Customer Question
patriot that I brought from...
I have a situation with tires and repair shops, a 2015 jeep patriot that I brought from Merollis Chevrolet in nov 2016, I have replaced tires two or three times, I have had it in merollis and the jeep dealership, I have had tierods replaced and alingments ,the tires that they keeping putting on are mud and snow and I know you should not drive on winter tires all year. three months ago I went to goodyear/ five star auto, three tires ,three tierods and an alignment, 942.42 cost that was in may , this is the first of aug ,new tires 50,000 mile , completely worn out now iam being told its my fault and there is no warrenty, and that I need to replace balljoints , then they tell me that they have to replace the whole lower control arms on both sides because they can,t get just a ball joint , but I call a parts house and I can buy as many as I want ,price is 51.99.
JA: Emailing***@******.*** is the best way to reach customer service.
Customer: I think iam being rippedoff, by some repair shop/ tire shop, I have owned a jeep for less then 10 months and ive replaced tires three times , new tires that last 3 months than I have to replace them ,plus front end parts.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: michagan and 2015 jeep patriot. also the tires they keep putting on are mud and snow ,then when they wearout they tell me its my fault, first it was tierods and now its balljoints.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: with who.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: like what.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
8/2/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Could you clarify?

Was this a new car?

What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

I payed goodyear ,and I asked to have the tires that were on the jeep replaced with all season radial tires. that was back in may, the jeep came with new goodyear tires when I brought it, that's why I went to goodyear to start with, I brought the car in November and I guess the dealer put winter tires /mud and snow/ the tires wore out in less 20,000 miles, I go to goodyear and they tell me that the tires are not warrantied ,I said ok then replace them with all season tires ,I due not want those kind of tires on my car. now I,am told that my car must have front end problems, and it needs an alignment , but first I need to replace three tirerods, one outer and two inner tirerods, at a cost of 942.42. I paid and went on my way thinking that I should not have any more tires problems, well less then 10,000 miles later my tires are worn out , I go back to goodyear and they start by telling me my tires are not going to be warrantied ,well the tires were 50,000 to 60,000 mile tires ,that's what I was sold, so I ask why my tires are worn out and iam told that its my fault because I did not have the tires rotated, and I told them the tires were rotated when I had the front breakes replaced , then I,am told that there must be something wrong with mt front end, now its my balljoints and I have to replace both sides, but they can,t get just the balljoints I have to buy the entire lower control arm, so its only going to cost around 800. but iam still going to have problems with my tires , because of my job. I drive for a living and that wears out my tires ,SIX TIMES FASTER then everybody else, now all this is my fault , not theres . but I look at the tires and I find on the sidewall of the tires in big letters ,/M/S mud and snow , winter tires , its not winter and I payed to have the winter tires removed winters tires will not last for summer driving, three sets of tires in 9 months, but these people don,t know why I keep running my tires off, they just can,t figure it out , so now I should just put the cheepist tires they have on my car and I,ll just have to put up with paying for tires every three to four month.
it was a 2015 and was brought in November of 2016 at a dealership.

So, the the car was new when you bought it or is this an old car? I need to know in order to properly address your issue.

Also, I still do not see any specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

no the jeep was not new, it came from the south, and had 38,000 miles on it when I brought it from merollis Chevrolet. and sold to me as a car that they had completely gone through and certified by there service department. I,ave had it back to merollis more then once, and sent it to a jeep dealership in Roseville and there was no problems found, now I guess my question is I think I,am being ripped off ,and I would like someone else,s opinon. I,am having no problems driving my car, it do,s not pull to one side or the other my tire,s are not showing any abnormal wear, they are just worn out and it be come,s dangerous to drive on them, three sets of tires in 9 months , now I,am going to have to buy tires every 3 months no matter how much repair work and money I spend fixing the car. because that,s what I,am being told, .

Thank you very mnuch the information.

Something very fishy is going on here. I am not sure how you are expected to change your tires every three months.

You would need to take the car to a completely different dealership and repair shop to find out exactly what is going on with the jeep, then only then can you know for sure how to proceed: whether to pursue the dealership for material misrepresentation with regard to the condition of the car or Goodyear for defective tires.

You may consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to assist you with the case. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law