How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Bradley Your Own Question
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1059
Experience:  Owner at The Protection Group LLC
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Michael Bradley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got divorced in MS last year and my ex is not paying

Customer Question

I got divorced in MS last year and my ex is not paying what's in my settlement agreement.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Mississippi
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I got divorced in December. yes.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.
If they refuse to pay according to your divorce agreement then you can file a motion to compell so they can be held in contempt.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Once this goes out do they have a grace period to respond or do they go to jail?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Can you call me at **** ?