How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 42838
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want a substitute of council for a custody issue, question

Customer Question

I want a substitute of council for a custody issue, question is my atty will not respond to motion for me from opposing council to have a psych eval and court appointed adviser as I am disputing some of my atty's charges. He wants me to pay full balance and I really just want to turn him in to the bar and get a more experienced atty that wants to resolve the case and not in just for a pay check. What are my rights to seek a substitute of council when you have an atty that isn't doing their job?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You can terminate your lawyer by letter at any time and copy the court.You can proceed here pro se or hire another one.Make sure you demand copies of your files so you can forward them to new lawyer.This should not be a problem.You can terminate the lawyer at any time in writing here in Arizona and he withdraws.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My atty wont give me all the files until I pay him for his last weeks worth of work. In addition, he has been misleading me about my custody case and responding very poorly to motions, its obvious to me he is dragging the case out to make money and not giving the judge evidence and facts needed to dismiss case. He has one vision and it is trial. How do I let the judge know my atty is incompetent and not doing his job and filing timely? i already have to pay some of me's legal fees from him not responding to motions on time.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You can terminate the lawyer here and file grievance if you have too here.You have rights to tell the judge you are pro se.