Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need a NY education lawyer fora NYC impartial hearing, of

Customer Question
which I have been told...
I need a NY education lawyer fora NYC impartial hearing, of which I have been told some work on contingency as if we win the NYC Department of Education will reimburse all legal fees. However, finding the right attorney in this category who works on contingency on the internet or through many referral services seems to be like looking for one small fish in an ocean. Can anyone make one or a few recommendations?NYC bar was of no help either.Thank you
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
8/1/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
I'm assuming or really asking does that law forbid a referral ?
Actually, the rules of professional conduct prevent us from referring to someone we do not know professionally or personally and site rules prohibit personal referrals in general so that experts can give unbiased responses.
Tina, Lawyer