Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Is normal. Client has a court order awarding 100% disability

Customer Question

Is normal. Client has a court order awarding 100% disability as òf 6/17, however the award won't be released unail 10/2017. Why the long wait?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the court order was issued in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
There is 30 days for the judgment to be objected to, that is the first thing and then there is 90 days for them to prepare the benefit award for payment. Unless the court ordered it to be paid sooner they have a reasonable time to get the award prepared and paid out. So, yes it is normal to have 3 months to prepare and pay out the award.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.