Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What kind of lawyer do I need? I have a hearing on a

Customer Question

what kind of lawyer do I need? I have a hearing on a stalking at the supreme court level and I am at a loss....is it still civil or is it criminal? I will be admitting to a no contest to the petty larceny that I should not have done but my bipolar interfered with me when that happen....can you help me?
JA: Because criminal law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in the state of Vermont since July 2015, the 3rd exactly in Manchester Center, VT....my supreme court hearing is this coming monday, august 7th....
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes to both....I filed against the 1st stalking from my neighbor just recently and my hearing for that is not until September 7th I believe.....
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there time to get a lawyer for my court date on August 7th? I have been told to be there at the Supreme court by 8:15 AM at the Bennington Court House in Vermont....
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

During this conversation, you may receive an automatic phone call offer. I do not send that offer, the system does. Feel free to accept it if you would like to talk on the phone. Otherwise, we can continue here.

Also, if you are waiting for a while for my response, it is because we are very busy or I am preparing a response to your question. I promise that I will be here to help you. So please do not click Opt Out and do not close the question. This will only result in further delays while you wait for another Expert. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.

The questions I see are the following:

1) What kind of lawyer do I need?

2) I have a hearing on a stalking at the supreme court level and I am at a loss....is it still civil or is it criminal?

3) Can you help me?

4) Is there time to get a lawyer for my court date on August 7th?

Are those your questions?