How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1612
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About 40 years ago I was convicted of a class III felony

Customer Question

About 40 years ago I was convicted of a class III felony nonviolent and with today's climate I was wondering how I could be able to purchase a firearm?
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The only thing reported since then are a couple traffic violations.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

In order to have your gun rights restored, you will need to get a clemency (a pardon) from the governor of Colorado. You can begin the application by going to the following website and completing the executive clemency application found at that website: