I love in Memphis my husband cheated on me and now lives…

Customer Question
I love in Memphis...

I love in Memphis my husband cheated on me and now lives with her he gets mail here can I open it and if its a check can I cash it legally

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tennessee

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not from me and I doubt from him

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If he does Start getting disability can I get any of it since hr filed first in 2014

Lawyer's Assistant: Does the disability limit any major life activities?

He has congested heart problems

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?

He hasn't worked since he found out about his Heart

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 11 months ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Opening someone else's mail without their consent is a federal crime. I would strongly recommend you not do that.

If your marriage ends in a divorce, as a former spouse, you may be eligible for benefits based on your husband's work earnings if all of the following are true.

• The marriage lasted at least ten years.
  • You are at least 62 years old.
  • You did not remarry, and
  • You can’t get a benefit based on your earnings record in an amount higher than or equal to your husband's earning record..

If you need additional information or clarification, please don't hesitate to reply. If I have fully answered your question, please be so kind as to click on the stars to leave me a positive rating, as that is the only way experts like myself are credited by the site. Thank you!