How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 13893
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I love in Memphis my husband cheated on me and now lives

Customer Question

I love in Memphis my husband cheated on me and now lives with her he gets mail here can I open it and if its a check can I cash it legally
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not from me and I doubt from him
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If he does Start getting disability can I get any of it since hr filed first in 2014
JA: Does the disability limit any major life activities?
Customer: He has congested heart problems
JA: Is the employment "at will," union, full time, or part time?
Customer: He hasn't worked since he found out about his Heart
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.


Opening someone else's mail without their consent is a federal crime. I would strongly recommend you not do that.

If your marriage ends in a divorce, as a former spouse, you may be eligible for benefits based on your husband's work earnings if all of the following are true.

  • The marriage lasted at least ten years.
  • You are at least 62 years old.
  • You did not remarry, and
  • You can’t get a benefit based on your earnings record in an amount higher than or equal to your husband's earning record..
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

If you need additional information or clarification, please don't hesitate to reply. If I have fully answered your question, please be so kind as to click on the stars to leave me a positive rating, as that is the only way experts like myself are credited by the site. Thank you!