How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 13887
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] I lost my rights 1958 with a felony

Customer Question

Second opinion] I lost my rights 1958 with a felony conviction in California
JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?
Customer: California I was convicted of forgery I spent 18 months in the California facility and was paroled in a been working ever since and married.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was asked to be on a jury duty I filled out the questionnaire and they said I was not qualified to be on the jury
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.


Unfortunately, the right to sit on a jury is lost upon a felony conviction. It doesn't matter how much time has passed, unless those civil rights are restored, the loss of the right is permanent. The only way to try to restore said civil rights, such as the right to serve on a jury, would be to petition for a Governor's Pardon.

Applicants for a traditional pardon can either obtain the current forms necessary to apply via the Governor’s Office website,, or may write in to the following address: Governor's Office State Capitol Attention: Legal Affairs Secretary Sacramento, CA 95814 The applicant should complete the Application for Clemency and return it to the Governor's Office. In addition, an applicant must send Notice of Intention to Apply for a Traditional Pardon to the District Attorney of each county in which the applicant was convicted of a felony.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
For me to get a pardon from the governor what kind of legal paper so I need.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

None, actually. The application for clemency you can get here. It just needs to be filled out and submitted to the District Attorney's Office before it is submitted to the Governor's office. The instructions are pretty straightforward and on the application itself.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 2 months ago.

If you need additional information or clarification, please don't hesitate to reply. If I have fully answered your question, please be so kind as to click on the stars to leave me a positive rating, as that is the only way experts like myself are credited by the site. Thank you!