Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I purchased a computer from Conn's on 5/16 and returned it

Customer Question

I purchased a computer from Conn's on 5/16 and returned it on 8/16 because I could not afford to pay $91.00 a month. The contract stated pay $215 if return after 14 days but they are wanting me to pay $896. I have paid $100. But something is not right, What do I do?
JA: What's the contract for? Who are the parties?
Customer: Contract is for a laptop for 1 year. Contract between me and Conn's.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Conn's stated that they auctioned off my computer and the balance of the computer is what I have to pay off.
JA: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).
Customer: ok
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Can you share with me about the $215 fee, if returned after 14 days. Were there any conditions to that? I ask because you shared that it was returned 3 months later, so I am curious how/why this $215 is there.