How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 1624
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Legal Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 80. I bought a car a few weeks back and paid in full

Customer Question

I am 80. I bought a car a few weeks back and paid in full with credit union funds. The car seller company has not provided Lic. and plates I have paid for. I called them twice and they say they will call me back since plates were sent. They never have.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: To whom?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.
Good morning
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.
Under Texas Law, the dealer is required to register and title the vehicle in your name within 20 working days, regardless of whether or not you owe money on the vehicle to the dealer or another financier.
As soon as the vehicle is registered in your name, the dealer should provide you with the original receipt from the Tax Assessor-Collector's office, and the plates. If they do not provide the plates and registration receipts within 20 days you can file a complaint with the Attorney General of Texas. Here is their number (###) ###-####You should also file a complaint with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles after 20 days at(###) ###-####I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars for credit and tracking so that I will receive payment for assisting you with your question.