KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I am 80. I bought a car a few weeks back and paid in full

Customer Question

I am 80. I bought a car a few weeks back and paid in full with credit union funds. The car seller company has not provided Lic. and plates I have paid for. I called them twice and they say they will call me back since plates were sent. They never have.
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: To whom?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess not.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.
Good morning
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 2 months ago.
Under Texas Law, the dealer is required to register and title the vehicle in your name within 20 working days, regardless of whether or not you owe money on the vehicle to the dealer or another financier.
As soon as the vehicle is registered in your name, the dealer should provide you with the original receipt from the Tax Assessor-Collector's office, and the plates. If they do not provide the plates and registration receipts within 20 days you can file a complaint with the Attorney General of Texas. Here is their number (###) ###-####You should also file a complaint with the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles after 20 days at(###) ###-####I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars for credit and tracking so that I will receive payment for assisting you with your question.