If I have an open claim with my insurance where I have to…

Customer Question
If I have an...

If I have an open claim with my insurance where I have to pay my deductible and haven't made repairs yet and just got in a minor accident and no injuries of any part will my insurance still go up more

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No it just happened and I haven't reported it to the police

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/1/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

If you have to accidents that can be attributable to you within a short time frame then YES (unfortunately) your rates may go up.

If you are not at fault in either accident it should have no affect on your rates.

If this second accident is very minor and any damage is less than your normal deductible you may want to just take care of the repairs out of your own pocket and not report the accident to your insurance company. BUT if the other party is claiming damage they may try to make a claim against your policy too. So you need to think out how best to approach this.

But yes, if this accident is reported and it is attributable to you then I am sorry but you can expect an increase.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Would it effect if I have a commercial Class A drivers license with clean record

Hello:

I apologize for the delay in responding. I had to go offline for a bit.

Your clean record should mitigate (reduce) any increase.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)