My father's caregiver was his sister they took care of all…

Customer Question
My father's caregiver was...

My father's caregiver was his sister they took care of all this before I was able to get up to Minnesota at that time I lived in Florida I was led to believe that my dad was getting better after he left the hospital and was in Assisted Living my aunt's never gave me any updates and I was not in a financial position to go up there and stay in a hotel since my aunt will not let me stay at my dad's house to make a long story short my aunt's have been talking very badly about me so much so that my father kicked me out of his house because he thinks I drove an hour to the hospital went and talked to the nurse and then left without seeing him. The doctors told us after his quadruple bypass surgery there could be he can have problems like depression anger and other mental problems he took his anger out on me my aunt and uncle did not correct my father because I was in the hospital room he just didn't see me because he was sleeping my aunt picked up my purse threw it on the floor and that's why I left I had intended on going back my aunt's won't let me go to the funeral my mother says the will has been changed because my father but part of the family farm so they think that it belongs to them and not me I don't even think I'm going to get the house because they told my father they've been the one taking care of it and they deserve it well I have a little statute that says otherwise emotional attachment. I'm sorry I'm going off topic I saw a statute in Minnesota on the internet I cannot find it stating that caregivers cannot talk badly about the patient's next of kin both of my aunts have spoken badly of me to him. My aunt told my dad that when he died I was not going to be in the family anymore when my aunt did call me to see my father I was only allowed two days and my mom let me stay in the hotel before third day because they were going to have a ceremony cuz he's a veteran and what my aunt got there she said what are you doing here and she wasn't being very nice so I got on my phone called my mom and said here listen to this my aunt got up from the chair she was in walked over to me and attacked me how could she do this

Lawyer's Assistant: How many total empoyees are there? Have you worked more than 1,250 hours in the past 12 months?

I need the Minnesota statute that I found before stating caregivers are not allowed to bad-mouth belittle or say derogatory things to the principal's next to Ken my aunt attacked me in front of my father I have no idea what

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nobody will tell me anything all I know is taxes have been paid on his house and I suppose the farm 2

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Okay

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so this is my first time having to deal with this and I'm not well myself I have an aneurysm

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
8/1/2017
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear this.

Do you have a copy of the Will?