TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I want to know simply can a verbal contract, be used in a

Customer Question

I want to know simply can a verbal contract, be used in a plaintiffs divorce proceeding when the overwhelming bulk of the defendants (my current spouse) assets, who I will be divorcing any day now, are buried deep in a trust.
JA: Is the divorce case ongoing? What is the next step in the case?
Customer: I EXPECT TO BE FILING MY CASE TOMORROW IF POSSIBBLE. pERHAPS YOU KNOIW OF SOMEONE WILLING TO TAKE THIS ON? i LIVE IN cALIFRONIA .. kAREN AND i WERE MARRIED 1 YEAR 8 MONTHS AGO EXACTLY, dECEMDER 1,2016 AT THE sQUAW cREEK IN IN sQUAW vALLEY, cA. pLEASE LET ME KNOW asap IF YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN TAKING THIS ON ON ACONTINGENCY FEE BASIS, i AM OPEN TO NEGOTIATION.? tHANKS. cHARLES f wILSON.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nOT YET. nO ONE BUT i AND ANOTHER ATTORNEY i HAVE CONTACTED KNOW WHAT i AM INTENDING.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nOPE.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

With regard to a division of assets in a divorce, any agreement/contract between spouses must be in writing to be enforceable.

Also, note that it is impermissible for an attorney to handle a divorce case on a contingency fee basis. A fee for a divorce must be hourly or a flat fee. In order to find a local attorney who can handle the case, you can contact the State Bar for help with regard to referral services: CLICK HERE.

Does that answer your question(s)? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.