Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

I owner financed a business. The owner is not paying rent,

Customer Question

I owner financed a business. The owner is not paying rent, nor his financing payments. The business is making money and he is just taking it. Can I contact the police and charge them with theft?
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs. Thank you for your patience as I review the question. I will post my response shortly.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately, no, the police would not be of any help.

This is a civil, not a criminal matter and your remedy is to sue them in civil court for breach of contract.

I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not want to see you spinning your wheels with this.

Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!