My dad is a very unstable person and has custody of my

Customer Question
My dad is a...

My dad is a very unstable person and has custody of my younger sister. He's a very mentally unstable person and I would like to at least get some sort of legal visitation with her. However i have to sneak to talk to her.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tennessee.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Last october there was a police report files and he had to sit at the hospital with a crisis team because he got into a physical fight with his girlfriend and was walking around with a knife saying he was going to kill himself and he was supposed to do counselling and went 3 times and stopped

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Me and my father are not speaking because i can't deal with him. but me and my sister talk regularly and she has asked me to so this.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Lawyer: FamilyAttorney, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
FamilyAttorney

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 37 years’ extensive experience in family law, trials, appeals, contracts, landlord-tenant, and other types of law.

This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also, I’d like to review your question for a minute and type your answer. If I am not here for a few minutes, that means I am typing your answer. THIS IS NOT YOUR ANSWER YET so please allow me time to type it up for you. It may take a few minutes, so please understand that. Thanks!

Are you over the age of 18? Can you take custody of her or does someone have custody of you? Your sister is in danger and something has to be done right away.

I would like to help you but I would need more information. I am going to opt out and let another expert help you. Best of luck.

Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

I am a different Attorney and it will be my pleasure to assist you. How old is your sister? Has your father been investigated by Child Protective Services?

Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Michael Bradley

do you still want help?