How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad is a very unstable person and has custody of my

Customer Question

My dad is a very unstable person and has custody of my younger sister. He's a very mentally unstable person and I would like to at least get some sort of legal visitation with her. However i have to sneak to talk to her.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Tennessee.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: last october there was a police report files and he had to sit at the hospital with a crisis team because he got into a physical fight with his girlfriend and was walking around with a knife saying he was going to kill himself and he was supposed to do counselling and went 3 times and stopped
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: me and my father are not speaking because i can't deal with him. but me and my sister talk regularly and she has asked me to so this.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer. I’m a licensed attorney with 37 years’ extensive experience in family law, trials, appeals, contracts, landlord-tenant, and other types of law.

This is general information and not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed, and no attorney-client relationship is formed. This is for educational purposes only.

Also, I’d like to review your question for a minute and type your answer. If I am not here for a few minutes, that means I am typing your answer. THIS IS NOT YOUR ANSWER YET so please allow me time to type it up for you. It may take a few minutes, so please understand that. Thanks!

Are you over the age of 18? Can you take custody of her or does someone have custody of you? Your sister is in danger and something has to be done right away.

Expert:  FamilyAttorney replied 2 months ago.

I would like to help you but I would need more information. I am going to opt out and let another expert help you. Best of luck.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 2 months ago.

I am a different Attorney and it will be my pleasure to assist you. How old is your sister? Has your father been investigated by Child Protective Services?

Expert:  Michael Bradley replied 2 months ago.

do you still want help?