I went into firehouse subs and the people asked if my dog…

Customer Question
I went into firehouse...

I went into firehouse subs and the people asked if my dog was a service animal; i replied with a yes and ordered my food. the manager(jennifer purcell) told me to prove my service animal was indeed a service animal I told jennifer purcell yes it was a service animal and I don't have to show the service animal ID card to her because I'm protected by the american disability act. She wanted me to leave and then she called the cops on me. I know she told me to leave because of my service animal and I did not want to be arrested so I left. I was completely wronged and treated like a criminal. I feel mental and emotional anguish from this situation, and want retribution from these people that hurt me mentally and emotionally.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

You read that that fast

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No no charges i cant find a lawyer to take my case

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thats all i guess

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/31/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello im william carlisle

I am so sorry to hear about this situation. What you mean when they do is file a complaint with the Department of Justice. The Department of Justice is the authority that handles complaints regarding violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act.You can click here to file a complaint. In addition, your state probably also file a complaint with the disability rights department in your state. You may also be able to file a private lawsuit. The ADA makes it illegal for businesses to discriminate against disabled individuals. To prove a violation of the ADA, a plaintiff must prove three facts. First, he must have a disability. Second, the business is a place of public accommodation. Third, he was denied full and equal treatment because of his disability. (Wilson v. Pier 1 Imports (US), Inc. (E.D. Cal. 2006) 439 F. Supp. 2d 1054, 1067.)

My recommendation maybe would be to find an attorney that could help you out with this situation. Did you have any other questions for me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
start with the doj and file a complaint with that?

Yup. I have a feeling that Firehouse subs would do what they could to make you happy in the situation. Did you have any other questions for me?

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know. Thank you.