Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

We have a competitor who's making job offers to a large

Customer Question

We have a competitor who's making job offers to a large group of our employees, were being targeted and feel that the time and investment we put into these employees was for nothing if someone can just come and steal them away. what can we do legally to stop him?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance.

1. Do you have a contract with these employees?
  2. If yes, is the contract at-will or for a term?
  3. How many employees have left your employment for this other company or have requested an increase in pay?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
at-will, standard employment documentation.......2 so far

Poaching employees can be very frustrating. I am sure it is difficult to conduct a profitable business while a competitor is attempting to harm that business.

Unfortunately, there is generally nothing legally preventing a competitor business from poaching your employees. The only exceptions are if you have a term contract with the employees, if the employees signed a non-compete (which are generally not enforceable in California) or if you have a contract with the employee for protection for proprietary information.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Hi. Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!