How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9409
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I m trying to find an attorney that can assist me disputing

Customer Question

I m trying to find an attorney that can assist me disputing a claim by the Social Security Administration that they over paid me retirement benefits due to wages. The wages were actual for unused vacation and sick leave. All but a week of which was earned prior to 01/01/2016. I retired 05/01/16. I showed them the check stubs which indicated it was for leave balances to no avail. However, when I look for attorneys, I cannot determine which area of practice is pertinent since it is not concerning eligibility
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Indiana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I only have the letter from Social Security stating I owe them just under $6000.00. When I went to the office to get clarification and to find out about appeal rights they entered it as an inability to pay. I subsequently received a letter that repayment is on hold while they review my ability to repay.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am retired fro the State of Indiana and I have attempted to contact State Personnel to see if they could provide an explanation of the payment for excessive leave and I have not been able to get a response
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

You can get a free consultation from some of the Indiana social security attorneys listed by location here.

I hope this information is helpful.