I m trying to find an attorney that can assist me disputing…

Customer Question
I m trying to...

I m trying to find an attorney that can assist me disputing a claim by the Social Security Administration that they over paid me retirement benefits due to wages. The wages were actual for unused vacation and sick leave. All but a week of which was earned prior to 01/01/2016. I retired 05/01/16. I showed them the check stubs which indicated it was for leave balances to no avail. However, when I look for attorneys, I cannot determine which area of practice is pertinent since it is not concerning eligibility

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I only have the letter from Social Security stating I owe them just under $6000.00. When I went to the office to get clarification and to find out about appeal rights they entered it as an inability to pay. I subsequently received a letter that repayment is on hold while they review my ability to repay.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am retired fro the State of Indiana and I have attempted to contact State Personnel to see if they could provide an explanation of the payment for excessive leave and I have not been able to get a response

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 5 days by:
8/6/2017
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer

Thank you for your question.

You can get a free consultation from some of the Indiana social security attorneys listed by location here.

I hope this information is helpful.