Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I adopted my daughter years ago and she gets $400 a month

Customer Question

I adopted my daughter years ago and she gets $400 a month for the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. She has lived with my sine 6/1/2017. Her father will not give me the $400 for her. Where can I put that the divorce paper to request I get the money. Also, how can I go about getting the money from 6/1/2017, 7/1/2017 and 8/1/2017?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed like twice already and those failed through. I have my paper work ready to file for 8/1/2017.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

I'm confused. Her father was ordered to pay child support, but he is not paying it?