How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I adopted my daughter years ago and she gets $400 a month

Customer Question

I adopted my daughter years ago and she gets $400 a month for the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. She has lived with my sine 6/1/2017. Her father will not give me the $400 for her. Where can I put that the divorce paper to request I get the money. Also, how can I go about getting the money from 6/1/2017, 7/1/2017 and 8/1/2017?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I filed like twice already and those failed through. I have my paper work ready to file for 8/1/2017.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Expert James replied 2 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

I'm confused. Her father was ordered to pay child support, but he is not paying it?