Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

I SIGNED A POWER OF ATTORNEY TO MY ACCOUNTANT AND I WANT TO

Customer Question

I SIGNED A POWER OF ATTORNEY TO MY ACCOUNTANT AND I WANT TO CANCEL IT
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: MARYLAND BALTIMORE
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: DO YOU MEAN THE TAXES?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. Was this a General Power of Attorney or the Form 2848 that is filed for a POA with the IRS? Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2848 form power of attorney and declaration of representative
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your quick response. It will take me a few minutes to type your response. Thanks for your patience! :)

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Pursuant to the IRS (http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/e2c0ff01a9cb46fc8fe219fc446dfba1):

Revocation of Power of Attorney/Withdrawal of Representative

Revocation by taxpayer. If you want to revoke a previously executed power of attorney and do not want to name a new representative, you must write “REVOKE” across the top of the first page with a current signature and date below this annotation. Then, you must mail or fax a copy of the power of attorney with the revocation annotation to the IRS, using the Where To File Chart, earlier, or if the power of attorney is for a specific matter, to the IRS office handling the matter." The instruction as to where to file are in the link above. :)

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

"