If a judgement was made 9 years ago can they just now

Customer Question
If a judgement was...

If a judgement was made 9 years ago can they just now collect on it

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean

Lawyer's Assistant: What confuses you?

There was a case number

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only if they can now collect after 9 years

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
7/31/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Pursuant to Oklahoma Statute 12-735, a judgment remains active for 5 years and then, if not renewed, becomes unenforceable. This doesn't apply to judgments by or against the government or for child support. But it does apply to all other judgments.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Thank you for the information

You are very welcome. Please don't forget to issue a 5-star positive rating so I can get credit for my work.