Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

If a judgement was made 9 years ago can they just now

Customer Question

If a judgement was made 9 years ago can they just now collect on it
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Oklahoma
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: What do you mean
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: There was a case number
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only if they can now collect after 9 years
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Pursuant to Oklahoma Statute 12-735, a judgment remains active for 5 years and then, if not renewed, becomes unenforceable. This doesn't apply to judgments by or against the government or for child support. But it does apply to all other judgments.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for the information

You are very welcome. Please don't forget to issue a 5-star positive rating so I can get credit for my work.