Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What exactly does waiver of jury trial relating to this loan…

Hello, What exactly does...

Hello, What exactly does waiver of jury trial relating to this loan agreement mean for me as the borrower?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Under New York law for the contract and I live in Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just waiver of rights to jury trial in response to me being the borrower. What reason would I have for a jury trial?

Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate my response.

The option of a jury trial versus a bench trial (trial heard by a judge) is less of a legal option than a strategic option.

A jury trial is more desirable if you believe that a lay-person will be sympathetic to your cause and your case rests less on sound legal grounds and more on a "fairness" argument.

A bench trial is more desirable if your case rests on clear legal rational.

A judge will simply hear the legal arguments and base his decision on sound legal reasoning. A jury may rule in your favor, because they sympathize with your cause or because they "feel" more for your side.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating

Why would a lender put this in a loan agreement to a borrower?

Hi. You have me a 2 star rating after asking a follow-up question. Was this intentional? If so, is there anything I can do to improve your rating of my services?

Regarding your question - the lender will likely have the law on their side and not want a jury sympathizing with a borrower, especially in recent times when the banks have been in the news for the past decade for the unfair practices that they have used to harm individuals and the country.

Roy Hadavi
You didnt answer my question

Thank you for changing the rating. I strive to provide excellent service and never want to fall short of that goal. Have I fully answered your question now? Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or you need me to clarify everything?

No waiver of rights? As a borrower how would you end of in any type of trial in the first place?

As the borrower, you would likely not want a waiver of jury trial. A jury trial will likely be on your side, not the lenders side.

You could end up in a trial if there is a default on the loan or a dispute to the validity of the loan.

When you say a dispute to the validity of the loan, what mean exactly last question?

If for example, you were to raise that there was something in the loan agreement documents that was false, incorrect, not disclosed or illegal.

Thanks alot.

You're very welcome. It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-royhadavi/ Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.

Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi