I was named in the wi. I was named to receive a car however…

Customer Question
I was named in...

I was named in the wi

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was named to receive a car however Michigan does not recognize a will

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
7/31/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is the issue with the will that is causing MI to reject the will?

What is your specific question for us about this issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was name as legal representative and the car was left tome in the will Secretary of State says it does not recognize the will and the vehicle will go to next of kin he was my step uncle
Thank you for your reply.
Again, why is the secretary of state rejecting the will? Is the will in proper form? Has the will gone to probate court?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no it has not been probated...
Thank you for your reply.
You need to file the will in probate court and you need to obtain a final probate order on the estate and once you file probate you need to inform the secretary of state that the car is part of probate and they will not give ownership to anyone until they get a probate court order. So, if you want the car and want to enforce the will, you need to go to probate court with the will and file a petition for probate.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.