I am looking for advise on obtaining a court order for a…

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for advise on obtaining a court order for a civil standby to retrieve my Forest River Cedar Creek 5th Wheel.
I am in contract with an individual that has had possession of the 5th since 2011 and I have had to chase every payment.
He has breached the contract by not notifying my of its relocation as well as owing me over $5k in back payments.
I have had to do my own research to track him down and locate his current residence which is currently in Woodland Park, CO.
I have saved numerous texts and emails that show lack of trust and lies regarding when a payment is coming. At this point I am wanting to retrieve the 5th wheel (legally) and see about getting what is owed. I know in order to do so I need a court order to provide the local sheriff’s office there to be able to get a civil standby and hitch the 5th wheel out of there. Not sure if I can report it lost or stolen, since I’m not 100% sure it’s at that location due to the fact of lack of response from him.
Recently, I received a $2,500 for payment….well not to my surprise the check is no good and the bank said those funds are not available.
Now…… I’m wondering can I contact the local sheriff’s office there in Teller County to report check fraud? Colorado Statute 18-5-205 F6 because it meets the requirement of $2,500 or more.Looking for advise in order to retrieve the 5th wheel, ideally recover my $ and file a criminal complaint against him.
Any information is helpful, thank you!
Brian Birk(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: How long has this been happening? Have there been threats of violence or harm?

Did you read the text...?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not as of yet

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/31/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you the titled owner of this trailer?

This a a sublease, B of A has title
No, I'm here to seek advise with the least amount of cost factor
Simmons?

.

Hi, it looks like you kicked me out of the question for some reason. Are you still looking for help on this?