Second opinion] Can I questions on same issue free of

Customer Question
second opinion] Can I ask...
second opinion] Can I ask follow up questions on same issue free of charge----My follow up question is ... I was told on the hush hush that there is a clause or something in disclosures or other documents that touches on hidden items that are not visual. I have searched and searched... only thing that I see is on the Realtor inspection form. Do you have an idea where this kind of statement or clause would be located in the mandatory forms for real estate in California?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm trying to find a real estate lawyer for my questions for second opinion
7/31/2017
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

What do you mean by "hidden item". Do you mean some kind of language that appears in a purchase agreement itself? Or are you referring to the physical inspection of the property? Can you give me an example of what you mean by a "hidden item that is not visual"? Do you mean electrical wiring, roof decking, sewer lines?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am talking about the language that appears in the purchase ...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am going to cut and paste my original question unless you have access
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I bought my home from seller. The seller disclosed that the new tub and plumbing in upstairs bathroom was done by licensed contractors but without permits. Two months later my kitchen below flooded from the incorrectly done stall of tub and plumbing. The installation was clearly not done bye manufacturers guidelines which are clearly stated in that installed user guide for tub. I am over $10,000 in damages due to the tub installation being done incorrectly. Obviously there was no way to see that it was done wrong as it was covered between the top story and bottom ceiling. I have sent demand letter and have been dealing with seller outside of court and we cannot come to a reasonable settlement. I have gotten two professional estimates and full analysis done by experts in these type of situations in real estate and I'm now pursuing small claims for $10,000. Do I have a legitimate case to win in small claims court in California ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry for the typos... voice text doesn't always work that well... ;)

If you cannot prove that the seller knew that the plumbing job was defective, then I doubt that you will win your case. Most state disclosure law requires the seller to disclose only defective conditions that are known. Most people in your situation let their homeowner's insurance take care of the problem. Then they can go after the contractors for negligence, provided that they can prove it.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. If so, a 5 star rating is hoped for. Please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.