I had an auto accident and was emailed from AAA insurance…

Customer Question
I had an auto...

I had an auto accident and was emailed from AAA insurance that i was covered and emailed an message saying the claim would be settled for the amount of$6533.00. Saturday evening i received a notice saying that i was 51% l fault for the accident and I called the claims dept. and nobody has called me back.I am handicapped and a few days after had a friend too me to the tow yard to get my handicapped plates and the contents of the car.My understanding from the mail which i can attach was that since I was fully insured there wouldn't be any problems and after i signed the materials they sent me i would receive the amount.This hasn't happened and I don't know what to do.I have never had an accident before and didn't know That i was supposed to call police, the man who hit me said ,my brakes went out ,we exchanged info. ,and since neither of us were hurt I took it from there.Now AAA is saying that I was l fault and after telling me and re assuring me that it was no fault insurance and I would be compensated for the amount of my vehicle I don't know what to do and they said in this letter that i received Saturday evening that this was as i said 51% my fault. help please,Randy Stein

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

California and the car is a2009 passat

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, i called AAA and reported it and they said don't worry and gave me a claim #

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No,just that the car is garaged i used it to go to the dry. office and when i insure it i get a break from insurance companies as i don't use it except locally to drive to dry. appt and that's all,that's in a 1 mile radius, don t drive on freeways only surface streets and sometimes it sits i driveway for a week at a time as i am able to walk to mkt,library,etc. as i live in neighborhood that is central for me not to use car and walk to market, library, etc.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
7/31/2017
Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Expert Justin

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. Is AAA your insurance company? Did you file a claim with the insurance company of the person who hit you?

i never received a response or letter and told AAA that my landline is(###) ###-####

I see that you tried to initial a phone call, but payment for the service failed. Would you still like to correspond via the messaging system?

Is this going to be resolved in the time allotted for$59 or is this going to go over .I have a limited amount of$ to spend as i only receive about$936 per month for disability and don't really have the means to seek proper legal counsel.

I should be able to answer most of your questions online for the $23.50. Of course, if you are unsatisfied with the service you will be able to seek a refund.

i have entered my payment info. it was correct the first time. I am waiting for some email response from Justin who said he would be able to assist me for$23.50 my phone # is(###) ###-#### i've callied twice to make sure this information is correct and has been received by you.

Is AAA your insurance company? Did you file a claim with the other driver's insurance company?

All the info. was given toAAA,unfortunately I had to leave los angeles on the 3 rd of july and didn't return until the20 th of July .My fathers wife is ill and in the hospital.I had the AAA # called them and told them I was @ hospital They told me not to worry ,when i returned home to sign the letters they sent me and I would receive the necessary forms for the value of my car.Sar eve july the21 st i got a letter that i may request reconsideration of this determination of fault in 30 days from receipt of this letter.I don't mind providing you my credit card # again if you think we can resolve this online,but i am 56 y.o. and a bit on the computer illiterate side.Which service do you recommend as i told you before I am disabled.thank you,,Randy Stein

I'm sorry, but on further review, I will not be able to help you in this matter. I will opt out so you can seek the advice of another expert.

never mind all settled