My former husband's attorney sent papers saying his pay was…

Customer Question
My former husband's attorney...

My former husband's attorney sent papers saying his pay was cute $100,00 a year. He owns his own business and has an accountant degree and I know he's rigged a way to do this. I've seen him do this like this before and he's told me he has an accounting degree so he's able to work things out of this benefit.

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager, HR, or an attorney?

One of the problems is that because of my son's death in 2014 I'm having a very hard time and when I got the notice of course I was upset and I just glanced at it and it looked as if he would be lowering his spousal support 8 months early. I saw too where I had to pay legal fees if I did anything. I just put it in the draw and didn't know until I got notice of default that I was suppose to do something.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They filed default because I didn't answer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My former husband knows I hate to fight and expects me not to fight back, but I don't even know if I'm getting a check the first and I am getting ready to move.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
7/31/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

The last just answer lawyer told me I needed to file something immediately before the judge makes a motions. If I contacted this lawyer on Friday and gave him 1,200 and I believe enough information to file. Why did he say today that he won't do anything until I pay the rest of the 2500. He told me when we talked Friday that he'd take the 1200 and would charge 250 and hours.Is this normal? Do I keep him or do I find another lawyer.

Sorry...I thought this was about your former spouse. So your question regards ***** ***** with your new lawyer?