My partner and I are going to be starting a janitorial

Customer Question
My partner and I...

My partner and I are going to be starting a janitorial staffing agency in LA County, CA. I'd like to know answers to these questions and also find a lawyer who can take care of these things for us. Thank you very much!1. What regulatory mandates are associated with starting a staffing agency?
2. What special licenses are needed for state of California and la county areas?
3. What special bond insurance is needed?
4. What are the fees associated with the licenses?
5. Are there any special requirements such as having to work in the field for a certain length of time?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California. How much is the full fee? How long will it take to answer my questions?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, we're doing our research right now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just how much the full fee is and how long it will take to answer my questions - hours? days?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
7/31/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi Kate. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. I actually used to be in-house counsel for a Los Angeles based staffing firm so I am very familiar with this area of law. Please give me a moment to prepare a response to all your questions.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

1. There are no specific regulatory mandates in LA or California for staffing firms. However, keep in mind that for most local, state and federal laws, your temp population counts towards your employee count (such as the Affordable Care Act).
2. You do no need to obtain a business license.
3. There are no special bonding requirements.
4. Since there is no license requirements, there are no fee requirements as well.
5. There are no special requirements for staffing.

I hope this answers your questions. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions or anything needs clarification.

Are you sure about your answers, Mr. Hadavi? When I spoke to State of CA this morning, they told me that there is special insurance as well as special regulations which govern staffing agencies. They didn't get into it since they told me they deal with businesses which are already formed, but they say there are state regulations for staffing agencies. Where are you getting your information?